Backend Engineer (Python+Go)
WealthPark is a startup IT venture to provide asset management and management platform application.
Currently, we are taking on the challenge of “visualization” of non-liquid assets in the real estate industry, which is one of the alternative assets.
About The Role
WealthPark is looking for a Backend Engineer who can accelerate product development and backend architecture improvements. Over 4 years after we launched, WealthPark’s product has reached a stage where we are continuously improving the product and reviewing the architecture in parallel. We are looking for an engineer who will enjoy this change with us!
WealthPark has 2 major expectations about this position.
Capability to tackle and improve our existing products (Python)
To maintain or replace our existing products require persevering efforts. In some cases, our documentation is not perfect, or to resolve issues, engineers need to dig in code deeply. We are looking for a person who is willing to make an effort. WealthPark doesn’t underrate this kind of effort. Some legacy products are our business core.
And as a startup, it is also expected to continue to provide new value to users. From this perspective, we also need to modify and improve our existing products. We also expect to use Python on an ongoing basis for data integration and specific purposes. Therefore, we are looking for an engineer with strong knowledge of Python.
Continuously learn new technologies and find ways to solve issues and requirements (mainly go)
In addition to that, WealthPark would like to recreate architecture from the existing app into modern ones for expanding our business and realizing our mission. For contributing to the new architecture, WealthPark is also expecting a person who continuously learns new technologies and finds ways to solve issues and requirements. From a programming language perspective, we are planning to use golang mainly. But WealthPark is a very flat organization and team. So you can also suggest architecture and tech stacks as you want.
We think a person who can realize the above 2 expectations can accelerate product development and backend architecture improvements.
What you will do
- Defining, evolving and communicating the team’s vision, mission, and strategy across WealthPark.
- Brainstorm and do design sprint with Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and FrontEnd Engineers to build new features, architectures.
- Maintain and improve existing products(mainly Python(Web API, Airflow related)).
- Develop a new API with modern technology such as Go or Scala for architecture improvement.
What You Will Need
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 3+ years.
- Experiences developing web products using Python.
- Experiences of framework development by Python(Flask).
- Knowledge of web API development.
- Knowledge of Database design.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Github Actions, Gitlab CI/CD.
- Motivation to learn new techniques such as Golang.
- English (most of the engineers are non-Japanese. We are a very international team)
- Highly organized person.
- Empathy for Behavior Identity of WealthPark.
- Be able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- Continuously learn new technologies and find ways to solve issues and requirements.
- Experience about Apache Airflow
- Experiences of development by PHP, Ruby, Scala, Node
- Communication by Japanese (not required)
- Experience working in the real estate or Fintech industry
- Experience about Event-Driven Architecture
- Experience with GraphQL
What’s In It For You
- Flexible working schedule
- Health insurance, etc.
- Maternity leave/Paternity Leave
- Casual dress code
- Career progression plan
- PC: MacBook Pro/Windows + 1 Monitor
- Until COVID-19 is settled and we’re ready to issue visas, you can start working remotely from abroad
At WealthPark, we give opportunity for everyone to find alternative ways of investing into your own future. Diversity and Inclusion plays an important role for our company as we welcome employees from over 16 different countries. We welcome people from all sorts of backgrounds without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, age, disability, or others.
If you have interest, passion, and want to make a change, join us!