Backend Engineer (Ruby+Go)
Division and Business
We have developed our business support system called 『WealthPark Business』 as an app to connect real estate owners with property management companies, and we provide it to our customers. We started offering the service in September 2017, and currently, it is being used by 110,000 real estate owners and 160 property management companies. (*)
WealthPark is looking for a backend engineer who can accelerate architecture replacement with high ownership. WealthPark has been providing SaaS business for over 6 years. We have some core products. We are gradually changing architecture from a monolith to a microservices.
WealthPark has 2 major expectations about this position.
1) Capability to tackle and improve our existing products(Ruby).
To maintain or replace our existing products requires persevering efforts. In some cases, our documentation is not perfect, or to resolve issues, engineers need to dig into the code deeply. We are looking for a person who is willing to make an effort. WealthPark doesn’t underrate this kind of effort. Some legacy products are our business core. With those products, our business is running properly. And as a startup, it is also expected to continue to provide new value to users. From this perspective, we also need to modify and improve our existing products.
2) Continuously learn new technologies and find ways to solve issues and requirements(mainly Go).
On the other hand, WealthPark would like to migrate architecture from the existing apps into modern ones to expand our business and realize our mission. For contributing to the new architecture, WealthPark is also expecting a person who continuously learns new technologies and finds ways to solve issues and requirements. From a programming language perspective, we are planning to use Golang mainly. But WealthPark is a very flat organization and team. So you can also suggest architecture and tech stacks as you want. We think a person who can realize the above 2 expectations can accelerate replacing architecture from a monolith into a microservice basis.
What You Will Do
- Defining, evolving, and communicating the team’s vision, mission, and strategy across WealthPark.
- Brainstorm and do design sprint with Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and FrontEnd Engineers to build new features, and architectures.
- Maintain and improve existing products(mainly Ruby or Node JS APIs).
- Develop a new API with modern technology such as Go for architecture replacement.
- Building web applications professionally for 5+ years.
- Experiences of development by Ruby or Go.
- Experiences in Ruby web application framework development (Sinatra or Rails) if your main strength is Ruby.
- Knowledge of web API development.
- Knowledge of Database design.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Github Actions, and GitLab CI/CD.
- Motivation to learn new techniques such as Golang.
- English(80% of engineers are non-Japanese. We are a very international team.)
- Highly organized person.
- Have motivation for team development.
- Empathy for Behavior Identity of WealthPark.
- Be able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- Continuously learn new technologies and find ways to solve issues and requirements.
Nice to have
- Experiences of development by PHP, Python, Scala, Node
- Communication by Japanese (not required)
- Experience working in the real estate or Fintech industry
- Experience in Event-Driven Architecture
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Document Screening
- 1st Interview
- 2nd Interview
- Final Interview
- 10:00～19:00 (flextime system, core time 11:00 to 16:00)
- WealthPark requires their members to come to Japan if they are living abroad. There is no designated in-office day, but full remote work is not possible, and it is necessary to live within a commuting area from the office.