Lead BackEnd Engineer
WealthPark is a startup IT venture to provide asset management and management platform application.
Currently, we are taking on the challenge of “visualization” of non-liquid assets in the real estate industry, which is one of the alternative assets.
About The Role
Lead Backend Engineer is a role that involves creating an organization in which the tasks and project status of a team are shared with transparency, and in which the Business, Product, and related teams can work together in the best possible way. You will lead backend teams through the leader to create a culture where each team can take ownership while promoting information sharing and cooperation. Lead Back-end Engineer will also consider the balance between the time required for system improvements and the time used to deliver the functionality required by the business, and optimize it in discussions with the stakeholder. Working closely with Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and Frontend Engineers to build new features, architectures.
What you will do
- Maintain and improve existing products.
- Develop a new API with modern technology.
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as getting involved in solving bugs and delivering small features
- Make sure backend engineers can write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Improve product quality, security, and performance
- Generate and implement process improvements
- Sharing of information necessary for members to exercise a higher quality of autonomy
- Contribute to the sense of psychological safety on your team
- Hold regular 1:1’s with all members of their team
- Give regular and clear feedback around the individual’s performance
What You Will Need
- 7+ years of building software development experience.
- 2+ Experience of development by Go.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience building productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive.
- Experience with programming languages — e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Scala.
- Experience in web API development.
- Experience using NoSQL(e.g MongoDB).
- Experience in designing tables and queries of RDBMS.
- Experience using Continuous Integration systems (e.g. GitLab CI, Jenkins).
- Experience using Docker and containerized architectures (e.g. Kubernetes).[Soft skills]
- Be able to lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- Deep understanding of OAuth and open id connect.
- Experience running and maintaining a variety of cloud infrastructure especially AWS.
Soft Skills We Would Like To See
- Be able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- Strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- English communication (90% of engineers are non-Japanese. We are a very international team.)
- Highly organized person.
- Have motivation for team development.
- Continuously learn new technologies and find ways to solve issues and requirements.
- Experience of event driven architecture with microservices.
- Experience about real estate or Fintech related products.
What’s In It For You
- Flexible working schedule
- Health insurance, etc.
- Maternity leave/Paternity Leave
- Casual dress code
- Career progression plan
At WealthPark, we give opportunity for everyone to find alternative ways of investing into your own future. Diversity and Inclusion plays an important role for our company as we welcome employees from over 16 different countries. We welcome people from all sorts of backgrounds without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, age, disability, or others.
If you have interest, passion, and want to make a change, join us!